Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can help to restore a white, beautiful smile very quickly if your teeth are stained, misshapen, widely spaced, or have other minor imperfections. They are also made to last a long time, but you must take care of them.
Porcelain veneers are very thin wafers that fit over the front of your teeth. To place them, a small amount, less than a millimeter, of you tooth is removed. The veneer is then bonded to your teeth and imperfections hidden.
To keep your veneers looking good for years, you should:
- Continue to brush and floss regularly
- Avoid drinking alcohol excessively since alcohol can contribute to dissolving the resin bonding your veneers to your teeth
- Avoid grinding or clenching your teeth because this can chip the veneers. Ask Dr. Sands about custom-fitted oral appliances if you grind or clench in your sleep
- Avoid biting down on hard objects, ice, or foods that may contribute to chipping your veneers
- Schedule a dental appointment every six months to keep good oral health
Porcelain veneers are strong and a good option for treating teeth that have some imperfections. However, they will last much longer if you take good care of them. By doing so, you can keep that Hollywood smile looking good for many years.
If you are interested in porcelain veneers and are in the Beverly Hills, California area, please contact experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. Kevin Sands to schedule a consultation.Previous Post Next Post